Jerusalem Tourism Board and Expedia have teamed up to offer you the chance to win a Jerusalem Getaway and to provide you with your ideal Jerusalem itinerary based on your interests.
How it works
It couldn’t be easier! All you have to do is take the quiz answering 5 quick questions in order to reveal your ideal Jerusalem Getaway.
What could you win?
If you're chosen as our lucky winner you will receive a trip for two people to Jerusalem for five nights. Sound good? Have a go!
Terms and conditions:
Expedia and Jerusalem Tourism’s “Jerusalem Getaway” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Expedia and Jerusalem Tourism’s “Jerusalem Getaway” (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States (“United States”) who are at least eighteen (18) years old or older at time of entry. Employees of Expedia, Inc., Jerusalem Tourism (“Jerusalem Tourism”), and each of their respective parent companies, owners, subsidiaries, affiliates, retailers, distributors, officers, directors, employees, contractors, governors, related entities, partners, partnerships, principals, agents, attorneys, insurers, licensees, sponsors, representatives, shareholders, successors and assigns, and advertising/promotion agencies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and/or household members of those employees, are not eligible.
2. Sponsor and Promoter: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Expedia, Inc., 333 108th Avenue NE, Bellevue, WA 98004 (“Sponsor”). The Promoter of this Sweepstakes is the Jerusalem Tourism, with its office address at 2 Safra SQ. Jerusalem, Israel (“Promoter”).
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 am PT on December 28, 2017 and ends at 11:59 am PT on January 31, 2018 (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
5. How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter the Sweepstakes, you must, at any time during the Sweepstakes Period, complete the following:
Visit the Jerusalem.expedia.com landing page;
Follow the instructions provided to submit your answers to the five (5) questions regarding your preference when traveling within the quiz;
Enter your full name, email address and age; and
Submit your completed information to receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes.
Note: All entries will have an equal chance of winning. Your answers to the provided questions will not increase or decrease your chances of winning the prize.
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. Entries will not be acknowledged. If you attempt to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, or logins, or through any other methods, Sponsor may exclude you from participating in the Sweepstakes. Participation is subject to Expedia’s Terms of Service. When you enter, you are providing information to Sponsor. No purchase necessary.
6. Random Drawing: On or about February 5, 2018, at 10:00 am CET in London, England, United Kingdom at Expedia Office, 407 St. John Street, London, EC1V 4EX, Sponsor or its agent will select one (1) potential winner in a random drawing of all entries received during the Entry Period. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received.
7. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winner: Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be notified via email using the potential winner’s email address stated on the entry submission with instructions on how to claim the prize. Once notified that you are a potential winner, you will be required to respond to the email within forty-eight (48) hours to accept your prize. If a potential winner notification remains unanswered for more than forty-eight (48) hours, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate winner will be selected. A prize winner (parent or legal guardian if potential prize winner is under the age of majority in his/her state of residence) must complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release, and any other necessary documents, including required tax documents. If the Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release, and any other necessary documents, including required tax documents, are not returned within five (5) calendar days after the documents are sent or if the documents are returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate winner will be selected. The prize is not transferable; no prize substitutions or cash alternatives are allowed except as may be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Travel companions of prize winners will be required to complete, sign and return a mutually acceptable Liability Release within five (5) days of notification. Travel companion must be 18 or older, unless they are the child, ward or spouse of a winner, in which case the companion’s parent will be required to sign the necessary documents on behalf of his/her child. Except where prohibited, acceptance of the prize constitutes the winner’s (and winner’s guest’s) consent that their names, likenesses, and/or biographical data may be used for advertising and promotional purposes without limitation and without additional notice, compensation, or consent. Only one (1) alternate entrant per prize will be contacted.
8. Prizes: One (1) potential winner will receive a Grand Prize of a trip for two (2) people to Jerusalem for five (5) nights. Prize includes: round trip economy class airfare from the commercial international airport nearest to the winner’s home to Tel Aviv and hotel accommodations (double occupancy), car rental for two (2) people in Jerusalem. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of prize: up to $2,000 USD, although the actual retail value may vary depending on the point of departure, travel itinerary, and costs of air transportation at the time of award. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded.
ARV of the prize is up to $2,000USD.
The prize may only be redeemed by the winner himself/herself plus one (1) guest chosen by winner and the winner and his/her guest may be required to present personal identification documents at check in to prove their identity.
Travel must take place by October 31, 2018 or the prize will be forfeited. Air travel must be booked and issued at least fifteen (15) days prior to departure. Advance reservation for hotel accommodations is required. The prize is subject to availability of flights and hotel accommodations on the winner’s preferred dates. Prize suppliers will work with winner to book travel. Travel is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by prize providers.
A major credit card will be required at check in to cover any incidental charges. No cancellation of reservation or transfer of reservation to another date after reservation has been made.
Winner and his/her guest must travel together on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining any required necessary documentation (i.e., valid passport, visas, etc.) prior to travel. Guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18), unless the child or legal ward of a winner, and must sign a liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. If guest is child or legal ward of a winner, winner must sign and return release on behalf of such child or legal ward. The prize is not transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
Certain blackout dates and travel restrictions may apply. Winner is responsible for paying any applicable federal, provincial, state, local, income and withholding taxes, if any, and any and all other costs and expenses not listed herein as being provided, including but not limited to any transportation to or from the departure airport, luggage fees, hotel accommodations not identified above, activities other than those included in the prize description above, meals, hotel incidentals, souvenirs and gratuities. In the event that any tax withholding is required by law for a prize, each winner authorizes Sponsor to make the corresponding deduction. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor or prize providers will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellations or delays. Sponsor or prize provider will not be liable for any airline and/or hotel fees incurred as a consequence of changing or cancelling flight and/or hotel reservations. Sponsor or prize provider will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or prize components. A winner may not transfer, assign or substitute a prize, or redeem a prize for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value and the Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other vouchers, offers or discounts. No reward miles will be awarded for travel on the Promotion prize flights or hotel stay. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize (or any portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Prizes are awarded “as is” without any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. The prize is subject to and the winner, and his or her guest(s), must abide by the prize providers’ terms and conditions of booking, of carriage for the flights, of stay for the hotel and of any event organizer.
9. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
10. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Jerusalem Tourism, each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
12. Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Washington. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, including its choice of laws provision.
13. Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Expedia, Inc., 333 108th Avenue NE, Bellevue, WA 98004. Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.